Mobile commerce is the type of ecommerce taking place through various mobile devices. This includes various e-commerce activities taking place through mobile like online transaction, online shopping store, payment gateways and so on. Well this is just a smallest part within this industry but is turning to have a great potential in the future.
There are a quite a number of factors of why mobile ecommerce is set to be a great one for the future times. First let us take a look at its advantages:
- Pervasive:This is the main asset for mobile commerce. Users can still engage in their business, meetings at the same time having a hand over their transactions in the mobile format. This is possible through mobile commerce applications present in their smartphones.
- Reachability:This is the other advantage of using mobile commerce. Business people can reach out their clients anytime and anywhere through their smartphones. On the other hand users can also interact with people of different locations at different set of time. Thus the time and place constraint is being avoided using this platform.
- Localization:Mobile commerce also lets you to know the physical location of the other user. With this information a lot of local based services is being displayed. Also localization lets you to notify that colleagues, friends are nearby.
- Personalization:As many users have increased online via their smartphones. Also mobile phone is a personalized device for many today. Mobile commerce can provide personalized services to each and every user as per their need and their relevance.
- Accessibility:Mobile phones have more accessibility compared to PCs and hence implementing your store/ business to this platform helps out a lot. Also this platform lets you to share data. You can share data in a faster manner within your demographic location.
Implementation across the globe:
According to a report from IAB in 2011 about 150 websites of the world’s largest retailers have found an access of about 16.5 billion. Here about 6% came from smartphone users and from tablet about 4%. In addition more than 20% user activity increased in tablets than the laptops.
Tesco an UK supermarket has acquired a great advantage through the mobile commerce platform. It gave an option for customers to pay online by scanning their QR codes. The end result within 6 months after implementation the online shoppers has increased to 76% and revenue boosted up to 130%.
On the contrary the smaller scale industry like Dominos has done good with the help of mobile commerce. Dominos introduced mobile commerce in 2011 and within the same year has found an increase about 13% in their sales.