Interesting data on ecommerce –
* The ecommerce growth has increased from $231B in 2012 to $262B in 2013.
* It is said that, US consumer spend an average around $1,200 – $1,300 per year and the number will increase by 44% to $1,738 by 2016.
* According to Forrester, 54 % of visitor to a brand website have high purchase intent.
* It is said that, 5 % increase in customer retention can increase profit by 25% to 125%.
* A report says that, sales of physical goods through social network will grow by 93% per year in US and moreover 27% of shopper willing to buy through social media sites.
* Today mobile commerce sales will grow from $3 billion in 2010 to $31 billion in 2016
Here are top 5 countries ranked by Ecommerce sales in 2013 -
1. US – $ 384.80
2. China – $ 181.62
3. UK – $ 141.53
4. Japan – $ 140.35
5. Germany – $ 53.00
Want to know what exactly your customers do ? Online shopper who participate in these activities
25 % of visitors reads customers rating and reviews
25 % of visitors try for free sign up
18 % of visitors buy things in online auction
6 % of visitors post ratings and reviews
Some of the best practices to retain online customers –
By offering quality product
Providing excellent customer service
Ask customer opinions
Offering complementary product
Get in touch with the customers
Set and fulfill customer expectation